Tuesday, November 3, 2009

everythingliterature - truth in beauty


0 REMAIN, DEAR ONE...


"O remain, dear one, I love you,

Stay with me in my fair land,

For your dreamings and longings

Only I can understand.



You, who like a prince reclining

O'er the pool with heaven starred;

You who gaze up from the water

With such earnest deep regard.



Stay, for where the lapping wavelets

Shake the tall and tasseled grass,

I will make you hear in secret

How the furtive chamois pass.



Oh, I see you wrapped in magic,

Hear your murmur low and sweet,

As you break the shallow water

With your slender naked feet;



See you thus amidst the ripples

Which the moon's pale beams engage,

And your years seem but an instant,

And each instant seems an age."



Thus spake the woods in soft entreaty;

Arching boughs above me bent,

But I whistled high, and laughing

Out into the open went.



Now though e'en I roamed that country

How could I its charm recall...

Where has boyhood gone, I wonder,

With its pool and woods and all?


Poem by Mihai Eminescu - Version by Corneliu M. Popescu

Transcribed by Gabriela Brancovici

About Me

My photo
I started writing poetry and fiction when I was about 11 years old. I was awarded 2 top national literature prizes at an early age.Later I became involved in numerous literary circles in my native country, Romania. This project is a dedication to my mother, inspired teacher of literature and independent thinker.

Followers